Portsmouth U17/U20 Squad
Designed to ensure continuance of our U17/U20 athletes, creating a natural adulthood break from junior athletics and supporting their transition period to fully fledged senior athlete
The athlete will be asked to sign a contract that will outline the benefits of becoming a member of the squad and the conditions that will be attached
For Enquiries about Joining the U17/U20 Squad please email vice-Chairman@portsmouthathletic.co.uk
To Print the application form for Under 18s please Click Here
To Print the application form for Over 18s please Click Here
Please email completed form to vice-Chairman@portsmouthathletic.co.uk or by hand to Andrew Vincent
All U17/U20 Squad Athletes will be asked to carry out the following:
- The athlete must compete in a minimum of 6 meetings per year in any of the leagues SAL,BAL,Wessex T&F,YDL,Wessex League XC or Hampshire League XC plus any regional or national finals.
- To wear club apparel and or squad clothing and use squad provided equipment at all competitions entered by the club, or requested by the club unless rules or regulations prevent.
- To thoughtfully promote COPAC at all Open Meetings and opportunities, by wearing squad apparel as possible
- To conduct yourself in a professional and pro COPAC manner at every opportunity.
- To show professionalism and respect to all athletes in the club, team managers and officials.
What Will I Receive?
- Distinctive personalised apparel (tracksuit as shown below)
- A Mentor from the existing senior team
- An informal function where the squad can meet existing senior athletes and the managers of those teams
- Up to 3 workshops per year on items such as peer pressure, training regimes whilst studying and performance
- 50% reduction on coach travel to League meetings
- Eligibility to earn money from Star Track events
- Various club organised social functions