Portsmouth U17/U20 Squad
Designed to ensure continuance of our U17/U20 athletes, creating a natural adulthood break from junior athletics and supporting their transition period to fully fledged senior athlete
The athlete will be asked to sign a contract that will outline the benefits of becoming a member of the squad and the conditions that will be attached
To Print the application form for Under 18s please Click Here
To Print the application form for Over 18s please Click Here
All U17/U20 Squad Athletes will be asked to carry out the following:
- The athlete must compete in a minimum of 6 meetings per year in any of the leagues SAL,BAL,Wessex T&F,YDL,Wessex League XC or Hampshire League XC plus any regional or national finals.
- To wear club apparel and or squad clothing and use squad provided equipment at all competitions entered by the club, or requested by the club unless rules or regulations prevent.
- To thoughtfully promote COPAC at all Open Meetings and opportunities, by wearing squad apparel as possible
- To conduct yourself in a professional and pro COPAC manner at every opportunity.
- To show professionalism and respect to all athletes in the club, team managers and officials.
What Will I Receive?
- Distinctive personalised apparel - subject to change and sponsorship support
- A Mentor from the existing senior team
- An informal function where the squad can meet existing senior athletes and the managers of those teams
- Up to 3 workshops per year on items such as peer pressure, training regimes whilst studying and performance
- Free EA registration - apply to treasurer for refund
- Eligibility to earn money from Star Track events
- Various club organised social functions