13 February 2020
2020 Annual General Meeting
City Portsmouth A.C.
2020 Annual General Meeting
31st March commencing 19.30
Portsmouth Gymnastic Centre Meetings Room,
Alex Way, Hilsea, Portsmouth PO2 9AD
The Standard AGM Agenda will apply:
Standard Agenda for Annual General Meetings
1. Apologies for absence.
2. To approve the Minutes of the previous AGM.
3. Matters arising from the minutes of the previous AGM
5. To receive a report from the Treasurer and to approve the Accounts.
6. To receive a report from the Honorary General Secretary.
7. To receive reports from the Team Managers, Coordinators & Secretaries.
8. To elect the officers.
9. To elect the Vice Presidents.
10. To set or confirm the Membership Subscription
11. Any other Business notified in advance of the meeting.
- Nominations for the post of officers must be proposed and seconded.
- Proposals for items to be included in the AGM Agenda must be proposed and
seconded and be relevant to an Annual General Meeting.
- All nominations and proposals must be made to the Secretary by a date defined in the
announcement of the AGM.
- It is preferable that Annual Accounts & reports from Team Managers, Co-ordinators and
Secretaries are made available prior to the AGM
Voting for the election of officers and any proposals requiring a vote will be conducted as per the Voting Process:
Voting will be available to eligible members by the following methods
- Attendance at the meeting
- A proxy vote placed with a member attending the meeting
- Postal by letter or e mail
- On line
The following notes apply.
- Voting at the meeting will be by voting slip. The voting slip will not identify
the voter. A voting slip will be available for each item of voting.
- Votes at the meeting will be counted by three persons, an Officer of the Club
and two members not holding a post at the club. Those present at the meeting
must agree, by majority, the appointment of the two members. All three persons
must agree the outcome of each vote.
- A request for a Proxy Vote by a Senior member must be made to the
Secretary by letter or e mail by the member wishing to place the proxy vote,
stating the member they wish to place the proxy vote with. Confirmation of
accepted requests will be advised to the member requesting the vote and
the member with whom the vote is placed.
- A request for a Proxy Vote by the nominated Parent or Guardian on behalf
of a Junior member must be made to the Secretary by letter or e mail by the
Parent or Guardian wishing to place the proxy vote, stating the member
they wish to place the proxy vote for. Confirmation of accepted requests will
be advised to the Parent or Guardian requesting the vote
- On line votes are available to Senior members declaring an e mail address as
a means of communication. A request for an on line vote must be made to
the Secretary by letter or e mail. Each e mail address is permitted one
response to place a vote. Where more than one member has declared the
same e mail address, those members will be notified in a personally
addressed email of the number of votes which apply. Members with a
common e mail address may choose to vote differently and the options will
be advised. Unless advised otherwise, the members sharing the same e mail
address will be deemed to have voted in unison.
- A time and date will be set for receipt of proxy vote requests, postal votes
and on line votes. The time and date of each will be advised to members.
- Where more than one item is subject to voting, a member may choose not
to vote on an item.
- The outcome of a vote is based on a majority vote unless otherwise stated in
The post of Chairman is currently vacant.
The current Vice Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer are prepared to seek re-election.
Nominations for officers of the club should be made in writing or by E mail to the Secretary by mid-day on 1st March 2020.
Proposals and items to be included under ‘Any Other Business’ should be made in writing or by E mail to the Secretary by mid-day on 1st March.
All E mails should be to the address generated specifically for the 2020 AGM email@example.com
Paul Farres (Sec. COPAC )